Οι Αμερικανοί VERITAS μιλούν στο Hephaestus
- Welcome to Hephaestus! Please give us a short description and a bio of the band.
Mark Zonder-studio drums
Greg-The idea for the band started in 2012 after I decided to put a new band together after a long hiatus from my previous group. The current line-up has been together since about 2015
- Do you have obvious influences in your music or you try to create your own music style? We’ve been compared to Queensryche, Fates Warning, early Dream Theater. We don’t try to sound like anyone in particular, we’re a sum of our influences
- Threads of Fatality, your debut album, is already 1 year old. What did this year mark for the band and how do you feel about this album now?
We’ve had a lot of great reviews, interviews and airplay worldwide. We were uncertain about releasing the cd during a pandemic but after discussing it with our distribution company, decide to go ahead. We’re still very proud of how the cd turned out. The only thing I think we would had preferred to change was to be able to get out and perform the songs live.
- What is your personal favorite Veritas song and why?
That’s always a hard question to answer. I love them all but favorite ones to play changes depending on my mood. Currently I’d have to say Starlight. It’s a catchy song with a great driving beat to it. Gonna be a great live song.
- What do you try to express with your music and your lyrics?
With the music, we write songs that we would enjoy listening to even if we weren’t I the band. Hopefully technical for the musicians and melodic enough for the general public. Denny writes the lyrics to be interpreted by the listener for a more personal experience.
- Why did you choose Mark Zonder for the drums in Veritas and how smooth has been your cooperation so far? Will you continue with Mark on drums?
We needed a great drummer and Denny had worked with him before. He contacted Mark and asked if he would be interested in recording drums for our cd and he agreed. The cooperation has been great so far. He’s very busy but always makes time to help us. So far, he has been recording the tracks for the next cd.
- Have you started working on new material, given that live shows are slow these days? What’s coming up next for Veritas?
We are currently working on the next cd and continuing to promote Threads of Fatality. We have about 3 songs nearing completion we will use for shopping the band to labels. Coming up, we’ll continue to work towards completing our next cd and hopefully get out and play some shows once more venues continue to open.
- We really enjoyed Threads of Fatality and wanted to know more about Veritas, so we thank you for the chance with this interview. Please feel free to give us your contacts and share any last-minute info with our readers.
Thanks for the interview! Always great to hear people enjoy our music! Check out our social media to keep updated on what’s going on with the band. www.facebook.com/veritasmusickc If anyone reading this hasn’t gotten a copy of the cd yet visit our official site for links to cd and shirts and help support the band! www.veritas.rocks/shop