Οι Βρετανοί ELKAPATH μιλούν στο Hephaestus
1) In your own words, how would you describe Elkapath?
We do like to call our music, Synthetic Goth Metal, mainly to introduce to the people with that label that we do play something dark, electronic and metal!
In the reality we have far more elements in our music but you’ll find that out once you check our music!!
2) How did you start the band?
Elkapath as a project exist from the far away 2004, when Carla started writing her own music as a solo artist, however she decided to make it a full band in 2018, so here we are!!
3) Who were your musical influences to start with the band?
We do have loads of influences, from Korn and the prodigy all the way to Cradle of filth and Iron Maiden!
We like not to limit ourselves under a label, but to explore and play whatever we like and make us move!
4) What is your aim with Elkapath?
We have already achieved a few good things like working with a person we admire a lot, Mr Bob Katsionis, we have managed to be a part of a label, Symmetric Records however this is only the beginning of the journey, we would like to try to get as far as we can with our music!!
5) Your singing s
tyle is very accessible! Is this conscious or unconscious?
We really don’t know; it is what it is and this is who we are!! All of us are self-taught too, and what comes from each of us is natural and not forced or conforming to musical norm or stereotypes.
6) In your new song “Dirty Whore Mouth”, the style is even more catchier than before. What do you think about this and your new album “Black Spiders” that will be released on October 31?
Thank you! We will take that as a compliment!
When we were writing the song, we had in mind a sick, heavier song to make your head bang while the lyrics would have been somewhat disturbing but full of meaning at the same time!
If it got catchy?? we would love it to be!!
7) Are you going to change your musical style on the future recordings?
We are always looking to expand! Always looking to new ideas, new approaches so the honest answer is that we don’t know… but most likely!
If we were to make the same album again then I think we have the album already so no need to bother redoing it, just press play again!!
8) Your melodies are also catchy but great! How do you work the composition?
It is just what it comes out of it in our heads!! And thank you for your kind words!
9) What about live performances? Do you enjoy being on stage?
We already have done some gigs in autumn 2021 and we keep booking and playing as much as we can!!
10) Is this hard to keep the band flowing along with your personal life?
Some of us having families with young kids, others have very demanding day jobs, but the band always have to keep on going and this is what we do!!
11) Have you something else to say to end this interview?
I would like to thank you so much for your time!! was a pleasure to talk with you and we can’t wait to chat again soon!
12) Thank you very much! Congrats for your work!
Thank you again!!!
Elkapath – Dirty whore mouth
Elkapath – Black Spiders