Οι ALVAREZ μιλούν στο Hephaestus
1) In your own words, how woud you describe Alvarez?
I try to give my natural death-metal voice some melodic lines wherever it is possible. I would say that we play our music in a wide range of metal styles. A mix of doom,death and metal. Often performed in powerful midtempo. We ourselves call it Alvarez-metal!
2) How did you start the band?
After a very long break I got back my love to create music. I played bass guitar for all my musical life. I always wanted to sing, but for a few reasons it was not possible for me in the past. In 2019 I began with the songwriting for the frst album HADAD. I tried to sing and it fts perfectly in the music. I love to create this kind of dark music with melodies and powerful rhythmics.
3) Who were your musical infuences to start with the band?
I am an old metal-bastard, so I grew up with Black Sabbath! Later came Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest. After them Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. Celtic Frost and Paradise Lost. These are just some that infuenced me as a musician. There are a lot more bands I love, like Voivod, Immortal or Kiss! You see, a wide range of good music!
4) What is your aim with Alvarez?
To create the most unique music possible for us! That people listen to our songs and have a good feeling with it. That is my aim!
5) Your singing style is very accessible! Is this conscious or unconscious?
It is a mix of conscious and unconscious! Sometimes it comes very naturally. First I do the vocal lines and after the music. This is the best way for me to compose music. If all is recorded I analyze every part and when I feel there could be a better vocal line, I try to create a better vocal line for this part.
6) In your new song “Hate Is The Law”, the style is even more catchier than before. What do you think about this and your new album “Moonshinewhore” that will be released soon via Plague Demon Records?
To release this song was a bit too soon. I listened carefully to the new album and there are a lot of things we must do in a better way. The basics are ok, but i am not happy with the drumming and in some cases also my singing. So back to the record-studio and change it to a real monster.
7) Are you going to change your musical style on this upcoming release?
No,I think it is the same style as Hadad and Digitaria. At Every Alvarez album is a mix of a wide range of styles. But together it is Alvarez-metal! Let us wait for the fnal result after we enter the studio again to change things to an even better result!
8) Your melodies are also catchy but great! How do you work the composition?
How i said, at frst the vocal lines with the lyrics. After that I create a bass line for it. The guitars play their stuf on the bass-lines and also try to support the vocal-lines. At last the drums give everything the right rhythm. It is necessary to have the song frst in my head if I begin with the process.
9) What about live performances? Do you enjoy being on stage?
I enjoy being on stage, but not in these dark and confused times of the Covid-virus. I want to have after show parties without the fear of an infection for me or for others!
10) Is this hard to keep the band flowing along with your personal life?
No, I love what I do! If there are some problems I try to work them out and fnd the right answers. If you love something you do not want to see the bad things. I am blinde and ignore some realities! That is what i hear every day at home …haha
11) Have you something else to say to end this interview?
Greetings to all my friends out there in Austria! Cheers brothers and sisters!!!
12) Thank you very much! Congrats for your work!
Thank you for the interview!
ALVAREZ – SECRET STAR OF ISIS
ALVAREZ – Black Light In The Dark